Have I mentioned the storm yet?
We had terrible thunderstorms and a tornado watch yesterday evening and when we went to bed it was still raining pretty hard. That said, at 2:30 a.m. someone starts pounding on our front door. It’s our neighbor. He’s up because his house is FLOODED. The creek at the end of our street is all the way up, over the street and into our yard. He woke us up because Nico’s truck, which was parked on the street, was filling up with water. Nico had to wade in knee high water to get in his truck. Thank GOD it started and he parked it in our driveway, which is higher up than the street.
Since it was only a half hour before he was planning on getting up, he just stayed up. I stayed up for a while checking the ceiling (previous leak sites) and the basement. God Bless the sump pump. It ran all night, but kept the water level low enough that nothing in the basement was ruined. Nico left at 4:00 and I went back to bed for a few hours. I’ll be crashing early tonight, but I bet Nico crashes even harder!

No comments:
Post a Comment