Saturday, July 07, 2007

Funeral and home again

Yesterday was Grandma Ruark's funeral. It was a nice funeral, but very hard to see my brother and sister so torn up. I returned home from the funeral last night absolutely exhausted.

This morning, Nico left for work around 7:30 and I promptly started in on the bathroom. In between spackling and sanding I’ve been job hunting.

Actually, I thought that the spackling was all completed, especially since we had put on a layer of Kilz primer. However, when I came home yesterday, I found that Nico had been filling small holes with large amounts of spackle. Sometimes he just needs to accept thing as “good enough” and not fret over the tiniest details.

My job hunting energy is renewed because I have an interview lined up for Tuesday afternoon. It is for a position I applied for over a month ago. I’m hoping that the position is promising. If not, I’ve inquired about another position and am considering applying for yet another. This is the first time all summer I’ve felt is if I might have options.

The good news is that we are starting to dry up. It’s as if the monsoon season is over. The bad news is heat has replaced the monsoon!

2 comments:

JackandJel said...

i'm sorry to hear about the loss in your family. it sounds like you're having one heck of a summer. just know that you're in our thoughts.

great blog by the way. mine is way behind. we're working on our bathroom too. sigh.

Anonymous said...

hey girl i am sorry to hear about your loss. that sucks. just wanted you to know i was thinking about you. talk to you later
love you
des