Sunday, December 06, 2009

Kitchen update

We had big plans to accomplish major kitchen reno this weekend. Nico did great yesterday with the help of a friend. Today we encountered some issues so we’ve got to make a trip to IKEA tomorrow for replacement parts. Hopefully we can get back on track this week.

Nico was able to hang the Christmas lights today. It doesn’t feel like the holiday’s without lights and decorations. I bought a small table-top tree for this year. Next year when we are not in the middle of a project and the kiddo isn’t throwing anything he thinks is a ball, we’ll put up the regular tree.

Also, I've been sewing like mad. This weekend I made a wrap-mat (inspiration and pattern collaboration from my friend Deb) and a tree skirt for the table-top tree. My wrap-mat is like this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was wondering how the kitchen was coming along so thought I'd check the blog. Thanks for your postings. It's nice to be able to check in without interrupting. Keep up all that sewing and I hope the recent kitchen project hiccup has been solved. I'm sure more surprises will be revealed as Nico plunges forward. Love to all and especially that ball throwing Ronin. Nonna M