Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Okay friends (and family), today we put a "verbal" offer on a house. We will put the official offer in tomorrow.

This is the house http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/31685-Franklin-Fairway-St_Farmington-Hills_MI_48334_M40059-16321

It's a doozey inside, a cross between kick-ass midcentury modern architecture, disgusting 1970's decor and odd french inspired antiques. All we really care about are the midcentury modern bones. We also like the wooded 1 acre lot. It will need quite a bit of work in the long run but is livable with a few quick fixes. I hope they are willing to negotiate... it's been on the market for almost 3 years.

We shall see. Anyone want to help with a "painting party"?

1 comment:

Sara said...

OMG you weren't kidding about the wallpaper on the ceiling! Regardless, it has potential. I love all the trees in the pic of outside. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you guys and waiting for an update!