Sunday, February 07, 2010

Going to say "goodbye" to passy

I think that we’ve decided to try get rid of passy. Thank you to those who’ve given suggestions! Ronin is 15 months and chewing holes in them (see previous post) which totally makes them unsafe. I’m going to let them hang around at night for a while especially when we back to night-weaning (next couple of days?). For those of you who aren’t down with our super-cool Attachment Parenting lingo, I’m going to stop breastfeeding him at night. He can have all he wants during the day, but at night he’ll be cut off. I’ve been real conflicted about this, but I think that we all need to get more sleep. After he’s been night-weaned, we plan to eventually move him out of our bed and into his own bed (in his own room). This has been a hard decision for me, as I love sleeping with my two guys. But if we ever have another baby, we’ve got to have R in his own room.

Tomorrow, I’m off to check out a Waldorf-inspired Pre-school/Kindergarten. They also have parent/child classes for those of us with the younger crowd. I’m mostly looking for ideas and as a warm and nurturing place to send R if for some crazy reason we both get jobs. Of course, cost is a consideration, but I really love certain aspects of Waldorf education.

Okay, while I’m still pumped up from exercising (thanks, accountabilibuddy!) I’ve got to get laundry done and then hopefully do some sewing.

Job Application Score: Nico 3, Goldie 4
Purchases today: ($11.86 on food… coconut oil and some super-sale organic goodies)

No comments: