Sunday, July 21, 2013

Gooseberries, crafting, and this kitty

We picked some gooseberries!  The Chair of my department has a hobby farm and he told us to come pick our fill.  Yay!


We made pie!!!  It was good, but not as tart as the pies my Grandma makes.  We had enough left over to throw some in the freezer and I have visions of mulberry-gooseberry wine. 


Next up are my current craft projects:
I've got one Christmas gift bag sewn.  Whoopie.  I've only got, like, a gazillion more.
I have started on the little man's birthday quilt... again, a long way to go!
I'm in a Play Kitchen themed swap.  I'm making bacon and eggs (okay, egg).  All the pieces are cut, except I'm waiting on a piece of felt I ordered for the yolks.  Please get here soon!
I figured out how to make tattered roses and whipped up some headbands for S and I:
Then there's the slippers for the sweet baby next door who was born this last Wednesday. 
I have to get all my crafting in before school starts back up next month.  I think I'll be teaching a class, in addition to taking two graduate level classes.  I should know more soon. 



I changed out the sensory bin:



Finally, a little kitty love...



 Fang loves everyone here, but he especially loves Bella's bed.  She tolerates him. 








No comments: